Friday, September 19, 2008

Weird-o-matic

I do not really know anything about Weirdomatic.com, but it apparently has a page with tons of creepy ads. I like these because advertisers work so hard to be convincing and manipulative, but then, 40 or 50 years later, their work just seems silly or offensive. Sometimes ads seem offensive at the time, too - remember the ad that ran during the Super Bowl, with the panda with the "Asian" accent? That was kind of comically offensive, but these are pretty much just comical.

I feel a lot of affection for this guy. I would be that proper if I were a carrot, too.
I am pretty grossed out by this one. I mean, yes. Obviously.
And I do not even know what to say about this one. In case you cannot see it well, it is suggesting that your husband will feel more fulfilled if you flush out your lady parts WITH LYSOL.
There are also people made out of PBR ribbons, lots of drug-your-children-and-senile-parents ads, and my favorite, The Creepiest Girl in the World.
 I think she is not craving jelly on bread, but rather human flesh.

No comments: