Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
- a quart of organic apple cider
- a big bunch of pink peonies
- a strawberry-ollalieberry pie
- a pack of fresh cheddar-garlic breadsticks
- two gorgeous metal tile picture frames, in blue and green
- a large soy chai
- a medium nonfat mocha
- a toasted garlic bagel with butter
- a bowl of vanilla yogurt with granola and fresh berries
- the sense that even though you're doing work on a Sunday, at least you're in good company
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
If you live in an urban area and you get a girl pregnant you're a "baby daddy."
If you're the same in Alaska you're a "teen father." (Actually, according to your own MySpace page you're an F'n redneck that don't want any kids, but that's too long a phrase for the evil liberal media to take out of context and flog morning, noon and night.)
Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America.
White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."
If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic."
Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, you're the quintessential "American story."
Similarly, if you name your kid Barack, you're "unpatriotic."
Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."
If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual, you're "reckless."
A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."
When I woke up for work the next morning, my ass was sore from hiking, my shoulders were sunburned, and my clothes from the night before were covered in red wine stains. I felt fulfilled.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
- Gustave missed New Orleans, woohoo. I checked in with Amelia to make sure her ranch did not blow or float away. It did neither.
- Sarah Palin and her family WTF?
- My best friend Stef got all-of-a-sudden engaged, and is getting married next week! I just booked a last-minute flight to New York so I can be there in city hall when she and Nathan are joined in holy matrimony. She is a super practical lady, and they have been together a long time and love each other very much, but I am still all ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhmarriedahhhhhhhhhhhhIreallycan'tbelieveit.
- an elopement in Arizona between a cowgirl and an illegal Mexican immigrant;
- a super girly lesbian wedding;
- a grand ceremony in an ancient Italian cathedral;
- a wedding in a farming community, in which the turkey dinner had been slaughtered by the bride herself and there was a photo of Jerry Garcia on the straw bale altar;