I just can't help myself. How am I supposed to keep up with the internet?
- Purple jeans: yay or nay? I'm thinking yay.(!)
- The Frugal Traveler went to Austin, and our friends advised him.
- I was obsessed with Alan Lomax's recordings in high school, partially because of my own interests, and partially because of a boy.
- The Susan G. Komen Foundation has stopped providing grants to Planned Parenthood. In response, I have issued a strong spit-filled raspberry. Pffffffttttttggggghhh.
- Speaking of which, The Marriage Plot is really good and probably a pretty light read if you did not have your first big breakup on the Brown campus. Damn you and your giant brilliant forehead, Eugenides.
- I haven't actually read this article about placentas (placentae?) yet - I keep chickening out - but a friend just had a baby and I know what she did with hers the first time around: boiled it, dried it, and ground it down into powder to put into pill capsules. So there you go.
- I WANT TO BE THE DOLPHINATOR.
- Madeleine Albright visited El Table! I still think that I peaked professionally when I managed that place. I have dreams of owning my own business, but then I'm like, Well, can I pay no rent? And have a captive audience? And only pay my employees every four months? Since that is a solid ixnay, I'm sticking with my current gig.
There's so much more, but I'll spare you for now.