- Gustave missed New Orleans, woohoo. I checked in with Amelia to make sure her ranch did not blow or float away. It did neither.
- Sarah Palin and her family WTF?
- My best friend Stef got all-of-a-sudden engaged, and is getting married next week! I just booked a last-minute flight to New York so I can be there in city hall when she and Nathan are joined in holy matrimony. She is a super practical lady, and they have been together a long time and love each other very much, but I am still all ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhmarriedahhhhhhhhhhhhIreallycan'tbelieveit.
Which brings me to yet another set of bullet points: the tendency of the people I love to have seriously non-traditional unions. Thus far, the marriages in my circle of friends include:
- an elopement in Arizona between a cowgirl and an illegal Mexican immigrant;
- a super girly lesbian wedding;
- a grand ceremony in an ancient Italian cathedral;
- a wedding in a farming community, in which the turkey dinner had been slaughtered by the bride herself and there was a photo of Jerry Garcia on the straw bale altar;
and now this! Lest you think I am being judgy, I think all of these unions are wonderful and loving and a testament to the rad people I have in my life. But jesus, guys - at some point I'm going to start craving a Save the Date card and a VFW hall.
Anyone else freaked out by the engagements and weddings?