Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boston Globe FTW

I did not really read the Globe when I lived in Boston (The Dig got all my print media loving), but they are doing a great job of making me proud of my job this week.

First up: an article on Google Books, with quotes from some of my favorite Boston publishers. These are my guys, guys! Including my former employer, of course. Those who knew me during my Godine days has to be a little shocked (and awed?) that they are now getting quoted on topics technological and cutting edge. Woohoo!

Then the Globe went and did it again, with an article on (grudgingly) falling in love with Google. Reasons #4, 5, and 6 are about Google Books.

Given the abuse the program takes, it's nice to see a positive article once in a while. For two, I swoon.

1 comment:

MDS said...

NY Times getting in on the action! http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/opinion/09brin.html?_r=1&hp. yay google books!