Friday, May 8, 2009

When you walk through the garden...

I promise I will eventually stop talking about The Wire. Maybe. David Simon has some possibly ill-informed views on blogs and journalism, but he is still the man who birthed the best show of all time, and this is a great interview with Bill Moyers.

Much like the stupidity of abstinence-only education (feel relieved that I didn't write a love letter to Gail Collins/tirade against Texas lawmakers on this subject yesterday), drug laws are so infuriating as to make my head all explode-y. And David Simon gets, it, obviously, and his characters are so fantastic that you don't totally want to give up on the justice system and America in general when an episode is over. A little bit, but not totally.

And the guy who plays the deacon was a huge drug trafficker! And he was locked up by Ed Burns on a wiretap case! I can't get enough of this stuff.

No comments: