Friday, May 8, 2009

This is why working from home is so fun

Someone is idling in front of my building and listening to "The Humpty Dance" in their car. There are only a few ways that this can be happening:

1. There is a radio station that is still playing this song.
2. The person still has a tape deck in their car, and they are playing a tape from 1990.
3. They have purchased The Humpty Dance as either a CD or a download.

None of these options makes any sense to me. For those of you who don't remember this iconic song and dance, here are some lyrics:

My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.
Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee.
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee.

And, of course, there is video of the Digital Underground performing on the Arsenio Hall show. Supposedly Tupac is one of the dancers, but for his sake, I didn't look too closely.

3 comments:

Pete M. said...

I have a mix with The Humpty Dance on it. There's no shame in that -- it's a CLASSIC

GGB said...

So it was YOU, wasn't it Pete?

Vanessa said...

I would pay good money to download that song. In fact, I might go do that RIGHT NOW.