Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dreams are more stressful than real life.

Two nights ago I had a dream that I was in a room, organizing my jewelry and trinkets. No matter how much I organized and hung up and put away, there was always more - necklaces and bracelets and earrings and lockets and those charms we made out of Fimo clay when we were in 4th grade.

While sorting and stressing, I would sometimes gaze lovingly at my fish tank, which had two big koi in it and two pet piglets. All four animals were swimming happily together in the tank. Then I saw that the piglets were being rough with the fish. When I went up to the tank, I noticed that the piglets were actually trying to eat the fish. I reached in and pulled the piglets out, and as I did so I realized that the piglets had actually eaten the fishes' eyes out. Fish eye-craters, all golden and scaly.

That's messed up, right? Caitlin showed restraint last night in not analyzing the shit out of me. I don't want to know what the dream means, but I do want you to have the image of koi eye sockets and hungry piglets in your head.

Not really. I'm sorry about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this organization nightmare is my real life. pack rat, i am.