Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy new year!

The last six weeks have been genuinely insane. I helped launch a product, had one of the best meals of my life, went to some (fun) weirdo parties, worked the gift-giving part of my brain to the max, and spent two weeks on the east coast in the bosom of family, friends, and fabulous food. I'm pooped! But pooped in a fulfilling I've-spent-all-my-energy-and-money kind of way, which I'm viewing as evidence of some extremely good times.

I don't have any new year's resolutions, per se, but I do have some experiences - big and small - that I want to make sure I do in 2012:
  • go to my cousin's wedding in Ireland
  • train for an athletic event, whether it's a starter triathlon or a half marathon
  • take a cooking class or two
  • finally visit Angel Island for a hike and some oysters
  • make some crazy-flavored homebrew
  • have a full day on Mt. Tam with a hike to a pancake breakfast and then beers at the Tourist Club
  • start keeping a list of books to read, instead of just buying the ebook of the literary novel of the moment
  • and, of course, travel travel travel.

No comments: