Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scone

Last week I made Smitten Kitchen's apple and cheddar scones. I don't have all that much to say about them except that you should make them immediately. You should first make sure that the people around you like the combination of apple and cheddar, though, because if you don't, and they don't, you will wind up sending all your visitors home with scones preciously individually wrapped in tinfoil. I tried to eat them all myself, I really did, but even I needed backup.

The batter alone was fantastic - buttery and apple-y and cheesy.
I was so pleased with myself for having made anything so domestic looking. Though I really need to learn to improve my food photography skills.
And everything is better when served on a green plate.
As a side note, I'd like to take a moment to note how math really is everywhere, and will not leave us alone. I was dumping all the scone-making accessories into soaking mixing bowl when I realized that bubbles are fractals. They appear out of one another, like cleanliness-oriented spores of soap and air.
Beth has known this for years, but it took this intense bubble experience for me to fully grok it. Fractals are awesome. Check out that bubbular structure, man. Sweet.

1 comment:

dethbakin said...

YESSS! Fractals are so much more than just groovy desktop backgrounds!!!